Search: Advanced search
Please enter a keyword or ID
Why won't my computer turn on?
Many times computer problems may be fixed by following this simple checklist:
· Is the power cable plugged into the wall firmly and fully seated in the port on the back of the system unit?
· Is the monitor turned on?
· Is the monitor cable firmly plugged into the video port on the back of the system unit?
· Is the monitor power cable fully seated in the port on the back of the monitor?
· Is the power LED on the front of the system unit glowing?
· Do you have a Flash (Thumb) Drive plugged into a USB port? If so, remove it and try to boot your computer again.
· Do you have a CD disk in your drive? Try removing it and try to boot again.
If after you’ve checked these items, your computer still won’t turn on, call for technical assistance.
For more information or to get assistance, Contact the helpdesk at 518-244-4777 or by emailing [email protected].
Article submitted by Jon Brennan