Search: Advanced search
Please enter a keyword or ID
How to connect to wifi with windows 7
In order for windows 7 or vista to work with our current Wireless network, WPA2 enterprise encryption must be enabled first.
Enabling WPA2-Enterprise in Windows Vista and Windows 7
It is important to manually configure WPA2-Enterprise for your wireless network profile in Windows Vista and Windows 7. You must not be in the process of associating to the SSID because the configurations will not save correctly. Follow the steps below to configure WPA2-Enterprise.
1. In Windows, navigate to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
2. Click Manage Wireless networks.
3. Click Add.
4. Choose Manually create a network profile.
5. On the next page, enter the following:
6. Click Next.
then click Change connection settings.
select the Connect automatically when this network is in range option.
7. Choose the Security tab.
8. Click Settings.
9. Uncheck Validate server certificate
10. For the Authentication Method, choose EAP-MSCHAP v2.
11. Click Configure.
12. Uncheck Automatically use my Windows logon on name and password if the computer is not on the domain.
13. Click OK.
It may be required to specify user or computer authentication based on whether the client is part of the domain or if machine or user authentication is a condition of the RADIUS policy.
To choose user or computer authentication, from the Security tab,
1. Click Advanced settings.
2. Select the 801.X settings tab.
c) Check Specify authentication mode.
d) Choose User authentication. Or choose an alternate option if required.
e) Click OK to close out.
Connecting to Sage Wireless
At this point, there should be a balloon at the bottom right of the screen that says
1) "Additional information maybe needed", please click this and then
please read the policy, and check "i accept the terms" and then click login.
which should lead to
As a check, please open a browser and go to www.google.com to make sure your wireless is working.
If not, please try the following:
A) wait 10 mins and try again
B) restart your machine and try again
C) disable and then re-enable your wifi adapter
If all else fails, please contact the helpdesk at 244-4777 with your username, device name, a contact number, and if possible, your MAC address.